My music video:

My Website

My Website
Click here to access my website

Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Blog Post 8: My Initial Proposal

I did an initial proposal to create a basis for my advert and outline the structure of both as well as to get feedback from my class and teachers. It meant that I could change the idea if the narrative didn't make sense, didn't fit the brief or wasn't particularly interesting. It also helped me to adapt accordingly to fulfill the brief such as the 30 second time constraint on my adverts. When creating my inital ideas I took several things in to account so that I fulfilled the brief. I had to make sure I had both female and male actors as I had to have at least two different social groups.I also started to think about slogans that could work for all the adverts so that my branding was consistent and created consistency across both adverts.

I wanted my brand message to be about bringing people together as I thought it would relate with all ages and people if it bringing friends or family together. Its something that makes people happy and I wanted my brand to be aligned with that. I decided my slogan would be 'bringing people together', a simple and clear message.

My first initial idea was of a girl talking with her parents about how she couldn't stop using YourFood but the audience doesn't know they are talking about YourFood until the last moment. The girl is arguing and talking about how its so convenient and its irresistible. In the end she ends up convincing her parents and they order YourFood. I was worried it would align the brand with addiction which has quite a negative image so I decided not to use it. My inspiration for this advert was A windows Phone commercial where characters are addicted to their phones and it creates humour. I thought it was entertaining but I also thought it portrayed itself slightly negatively and it is partly why I chose not to use this idea.


My second initial idea was about the inconveniences of not ordering food online. Opens with ominous shot of phone and then hear couple arguing about who is going to ring the restaurant. The food arrives and they don't have the exact change so they end up running around shouting at each other. Then show alternate timeline where they ordered Yourfood with one tap and it was there already paid for online.

The feedback was that it wasn't that clear what the advert was about and was a bit confusing so I changed it into an advert where the couple is always fighting but when they have Yourfood they are happy and calm is restored.( my first advert) This was partly inspired by the Toyota advert where the couple set up traps for each other so that they can drive the car and so humour is created through fighting and arguing.



My third proposal was to make a spoof of the movie Scream. Opening with a girl in her kitchen on her phone. She answers and the killer is on the other end. You see the killer hiding badly in the background and the girl gets nervous. The killer springs out and asks if she has any last requests and she says a meal from YourFood, the killer seems to agree and helps her up and they end up on a date.

It needed refining but people thought it could work. There was no reason for the killer to stop wanting to kill her so I decided the killer was a killer for hire to try and make the narrative seem plausible. (Second advert). Other adverts that succesfully used intertextuality were my main inspiration, especially the adverts that used it to create humour. An example of this is the M&S advert which uses lots of different intertextual references and pop culture to entertain the audience.




This was helpful as it made me think about the adverts in a practical way and relate them to the demands of the brief. It highlighted any changes that were needed and helped me visualise my storylines and campaign as one thing. It helped me make changes in reference to the brief and also made me begin refining my ideas into possible adverts.

No comments:

Post a Comment