My music video:

My Website

My Website
Click here to access my website

Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Blog Post 2: Channel 4

Researching Channel 4 was very important as my advert was being shown on channel 4. This meant I had to reflect the values of Channel 4 and also meant I could find out what time my target audience liked to watch Channel 4 and which programs they liked. I did this by looking at the viewing numbers of popular shows and the Channel 4 schedule. I also looked at the type of adverts that came up a lot during the prime time.


Channel 4 idents

Sources:
-Channel 4                                   
-All 4
-Wikipedia
-Channel 4's 2017 annual report
-Marketing Weekly Magazine
-BARB
-Tv Guide


  • channel founded 1982
  • owned by Channel four television corporation
  • bring lots of shows from US such as Brookyln nine-nine which mainly shown on E
  • public service broadcaster- has to fulfill demands of public service remit
  • commercially funded through advertisements, sponsorship and selling shows
  • statutory remit to deliver high quality, innovative, educative, alternative content that challenges status quo and appeal to interests of a culturally diverse society
  • target audience of 16-34 year olds
  • 'home of minority'
  • commission all shows from production companies
  • self sufficient and reinvests all profits into shows
  • parent department is the department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (government department)
When watching Channel 4 lots of the ads are quirky such as the alternative milk advert or show lots of new tech. The adverts often correlate with the type of show on air.

BARB viewership numbers 2018    10-16 Sept


The 7-9pm slots that our adverts need to be in generally has the news and then a lifestyle show and starts just after Hollyoaks finishes. Mainly looking at Great British Bake Off, Hollyoaks and Googlebox.














GBBO has the highest viewership at 7.97 million in 7 days followed up by Gogglebox and Hollyoaks is watched by a large number of the younger audience (our Target Audience).




This research was important as I have to reflect Channel 4s values in my adverts meaning I have to show a diverse group of people and preferably an alternative theme like in most of the adverts on Channel 4. It is also important as I can figure out what shows I want to place my advert around and what programmes my target audience prefers on Channel 4. I believe it would be best to air my adverts on a weekday, preferably Friday when it is the end of the week and people are more likely to order a takeaway. I will air my adverts at 7pm between Hollyoaks and Channel 4 news because it fits into our given time slot and a large number of our target audience watches Hollyoaks.


No comments:

Post a Comment