My music video:

My Website

My Website
Click here to access my website

Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Blog Post 16: My Rough Cut

A rough cut was done to get a feeling of the final production and make sure it all made sense, there were no continuity errors and see if I needed to re shoot any of it( I did). It also made me realize my second advert was slightly confusing and the idea wouldn't work in a 30 second advert so I changed the idea for my reshoot.

I got rough timings of my shots and edited it to 30 seconds to accomplish this. It allowed me to see if they were continuous and if the lighting changed drastically in between shots, if some shots needed more or less time and if I got the right camera angles.


 
The idea for my first advert was fine but I wasn't happy with all the shots and some parts were too rushed while others were too drawn out. I knew I could improve it massively so I decided to reshoot the advert and edit my storyboard to cut down on some parts and add to others. I also decided I wanted to add a close up of some pizza. I cut down on the scene with the fridge and added to the stand off and ending.




I decided to change the idea of my second advert as it just felt like it didn't know what it was doing as it was trying to do too much. So I decided to not have the killer in the advert until the very end and only show the girls reactions (also more like in Scream). I also decided to not try and make it scary and focus on trying to make it humorous. My new idea was the girl is making popcorn reflecting the opening scene of Scream and she gets a phone call. She turns and the killer asks her her name and she asks why, he says he wants to know who hes looking at. She tenses and then turns and then screams and falls to the floor sobbing. The killer says ' it wasn't that scary' and she says ' no.... my popcorn burnt' then he tells her about YourFood and she hangs up. He arrives as the delivery person and she invites him in.

No comments:

Post a Comment