My music video:

My Website

My Website
Click here to access my website

Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Blog Post 18: My target audience feedback


I conducted market research on my target audience to collect feedback on a range of things about my advert. I asked boys and girls and people with different backgrounds to see what they thought.

Advert 1

1. Did you understand what the advert is selling?
  • Louis (16 y/o Male)  :   Yes understood was a food takeaway delivery service clearly
  • Ellie (17 y/o Female): yes very clear
  • Morenike (16 y/o Female)  :  yes food delivery from restaurants in North London
2. Did you understand the narrative?
  •  Louis :  narrative was clear, cool and good
  •  Ellie :   yes, it was humorous and liked cowboy movie parody
  •  Morenike  : conveyed well and story seemed to run smoothly   
3. Did the music fit with the story?
  •  Louis  :  music was a bit confusing at first but then it led onto the western stand off so it made sense in the end
  •  Ellie  :  music was good, liked the sound effect when boy says he did it
  •  Morenike :  I liked the change from the slightly harsher music to the upbeat tone
4. How was the pacing?
  •  Louis:  no especially fast or slow parts 
  •  Ellie :  good, one moment where boy gets up seems rushed
  •  Morenike:  smooth, the jump in time that happened was clear

Advert 2
1. Did you understand what the advert is selling?
  •  Louis : clear that selling takeaway delivery food
  •  Ellie  :  yes 
  •  Morenike  :  very clear, takeaway delivery service
 2. Did you understand the narrative?
  •  Louis :  simple and easily understandable
  •  Ellie  :  yes, was unsure when girl turned and screamed as killer wasn't there but made popcorn reveal amsusing
  •  Morenike :  clear and visual storytelling used well  
3. Did the music fit with the story?
  • Louis :  spooky and suitable music
  • Ellie  :  maybe could've changed music at end to reflect a more upbeat end when food arrives
  • Morenike  :  nice choice, not too unsettling and gets mood across quickly
4. How was the pacing?
  •   Louis : not rushed or dragged out but could've been more snappy, maybe would've ruined spooky mood
  •  Ellie  :  very good maybe slightly too slow at start
  •  Morenike  :  well paced, didn't notice anything big
 Both

1.Did you see any main messages of the adverts across both?
  •  Louis :  linked nicely as had same app also in both YourFood resolves a conflict
  •  Ellie  :  has people coming together and enjoy YourFood together
  • Morenike  :  consistently shows YourFood as something that brings joy and peace
2. Did you like the main messages of the adverts?
  •  Louis : yes, it brings calm which can be rare
  •  Ellie  :  yes, inviting and makes me want to spend time with friends and family
  • Morenike  : yes as enjoy spending good times with people I love
3. How likely are you to order from YourFood out of 10
  •  Louis :  8/10
  •  Ellie  :  9/10
  • Morenike  :  8/10
other feedback

other feeback
From this I was able to learn what my target audience thought. The feedback was mainly positive and all points made I agreed with to an extent. I have learnt to keep my target audience in mind when crafting my advert and think more about pacing when planning an advert.

No comments:

Post a Comment