My music video:

My Website

My Website
Click here to access my website

Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Blog Post 4: The Target Audience (Males and Females 16-24)

I needed to research my target audience because I needed to know what they liked as I was aiming my product at them and was part of the brief. I needed to appeal to them so they would want to buy YourFood and make them like the brand values. It looked at the target audience of the most popular programmes on Channel 4.

Our target audience was 16- 24 year old males and females.

Channel 4 conducted a research to find out the different youth groups that consume media and categorised them into what they liked and disliked. I want to appeal to as many as these groups as possible.  The 5 main groups were:
  • Aspirant
  • Alt
  • Urban
  • Leading edge
  • Mainstream

These are split into even more tribes gives more precise groups.For example the mainstream segment is broken down into:
  • chavers
  • fan girls
  • sports junkies
  •  car enthusiasts 
  • blingers
  •  makers
  • rahs sports junkies
  • townies
I want to focus on the mainstream as they are one of the largest segments. The mainstreams :
  • follow the seige mentality of their surrounding peer
  • have little desire to hunt down niche fashion and music
  • tend to stick with the trend, chart music, prime time TV, local nights and drinks
  • follow the seige mentality of their surrounding peers
A lot of the youth tribes said that spending time with friends and family was important to them. If i can  get my brand message to reflect this as I already planned then I could attract a large range of different social groups.

This was reflected in the UK tribes who said the best food to share with friends was pizza.

 Stats about our Target Audience in reference to takeaway food delivery services:
  • there are 1.9 million students aged 18-25 in the UK.
  • 99% have a way oof accessing the internet and apps on the go (can acces takeaway food delivery services)
  • 16-25 year olds spend about £63.65 a week on food
  • they spend about £19.61 on takeaways
This shows there is alreadya large demand for takeaway delivery apps in our tagret audience.

As a group we made a questionnaire and sent a link to people we knew within the target audience. We recived 41 responses. our responses:


















From this I have learntthat I need to use food that is seen as popular in large groups or to share with family or friends(pizza) to attract our target audience and try to enforce the brand value of bringing people together. This helped to show the needs and demands of the 16-25 target audience and their priorities in a food delivery app. This allows me to fulfill the brief by appealing to my target audience.

Sources:
-UK tribe

No comments:

Post a Comment