My music video:

My Website

My Website
Click here to access my website

Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Blog Post 5: Research into Existing TV Commercials for Takeaway Food Delivery Services

Research into existing takeaway delivery TV commercials let me understand the conventions within the food and takeaway advert industry. It also allowed me to see further what the brand values of the companies were and how they showed them. It also showed me how to appeal to a particular target audience and display USPs.

I started my research by analyzing 6 food delivery adverts, this macro in-look allowed me to discover the conventions of the food delivery commercials which I think I need to show in my adverts to show I have researched it and also that I know what is typically needed in the adverts.

Conventions
Example of convention on screen text and end title card
  • product placement of app, logo and brand name throughout advert
  • the on screen text is generally the band logo, slogan, end line and app or website details
  • lots of urban settings such as home/ kitchen
  • main USPs: quick, easy, efficient, variety and quality of food
  • generally shows food bringing a group of people together and shows itself as a treat
  • shots generally follow food or people ordering and involved with the food (tracking the food)
  • lots of close ups on the food
  • editing is usually lots of cuts to create montage or chronological
  • cuts are fast paced normally
  • appeals to mass audience
  • tend to use humor but some try to create other strong emotions to make the adverts memorable 
  • they tend to follow what is popular in their target audiences eyes at the time
  • follows ASA code

Just Eat - Magic is Real
conventions in this advert:
  • lots of cuts to create montage scenes
  • bringing people togethor when food arrives
  • following the process of ordering food, cooking, delivering and eating
  • make delivery seem like a special treat
  • show to be quick and work like machine as all work like team, also shows large variety when listing foods in songs.
  • appeals to mass audience
  • humour created by theatrical style
  • urban setting
  • product placement logo, name and app in video
  • follows ASA code 
McDelivery
conventions in this advert:
  • product placement logo, name and app in video
  •  title card and on screen text
  • use emotion to make memorable as feel for the parents
  • show delivery as a special break
  • shows to be quick and friendly brand as food arrives quickly and deliveryman goes along with keeping quiet
  • suburban home
  • close up of food
  • follows ASA code 


My analysis covered 13 topics. Not every advert filled them all in but using all 6 I was able to fill in each box at least once:
analysis if 10 adverts (six are delivery)
Dominoes Delivery : Ferris Beuller parody
 This advert uses humor and multiple pop culture references to catch the eye of the audience and make the advert interesting. The locations match almost exactly the original Ferris Beuller film the advert is referencing, where the main character jumps through gardens and suburban areas.The main USPs are that you can track your food with a tracker app which is placed in the advert and that it is quick and efficient. The edit is fast paced and uses lots of medium and long shots as well as shots that follow the actors movements. The VO, sound effects and dialogue work well. The main thing about the advert is that it attracts both the older and younger generation. It uses intertextuality with the movie to create nostalgia and also with Stranger Things as the actor is noticeably from the hit TV show and this attracts younger viewers. It shows how you can successfully use intertextuality in food delivery adverts too appeal to a large audience. It is fun and catches your attention because of the fast paced movements and small comedic moments. It also shows clearly what it is selling and what brand message it is trying to get across

This is important to me as I think I will use intersexuality in my adverts because you can get such a large audience from it and also because it is a fun idea i want to look into. It is also really important to know the conventions of the trailers so that I can put them into my own and so creating a more effective and recognizable delivery food takeaway advert. Also made me think about my brand slogan and logo as need distinct colour and want to have titlecard pop up at end of advert like most food delivery adverts. Also think I should include the deliveryman as it seems to be a convention. Don't think I will use genre hybridity as quite complex and means might not fit conventions of food delivery adverts.

No comments:

Post a Comment