My music video:

My Website

My Website
Click here to access my website

Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Blog Post 6: Research into Existing TV Commercials (other genres)


I did this research to understand the conventions of other genres of adverts and tv advert conventions as a whole and see if I could use them in my adverts to attract my target audience. These could be useful in genre hybridity, how they interest the audience and how to anchor a particular brand message. It helped me see how particular emotions were created through the adverts and so making them memorable and feel more human.

Sources:
Youtube Playlist
Channel 4

I first identified the different types of adverts there were: Modern, Humourous, Pastiche, Contreversial, Seductive and PSA. I then watched adverts from each of the themes to learn about the conventions in each and adverts as a whole.

I found that adverts in a whole are fast paces, have a simple narrative and simple message, generally only try to reflect one of its messages in each advert and voice over and dialogue. They use emotion or humour to make the adverts memorable and to deliver they information they want the audience to see so they will purchase the product.



M&S
The cutting with the sound works extremely well and makes the food seem refined and artistic. The food is also artistically presented and is basically the sole focus of the advert. The close ups of the food are extremely effective and makes the viewer hungry. At the end the M&S logo appears and is very bold. They also used hit pop songs in their adverts so that when u heard the song u would think of the advert and so M&S. The advertisement works extremely well and makes the food seem like art.

Armani Code
The black and white effect makes the advert dramatic along with the lack of dialogue which is made up for by the tense music. The advert creates the sense of a hunt and uses extremely attractive actors to shows the product as something extremely sexual and dominating. The product also establishes itself quickly as something quite upper class and of quality as the advert is set as what we presume a VIPesque party filled with attractive people wearing extravagant expensive clothing. It is extremely effective in creating an identity for its product quickly and effectively.


Duracell advert analysis
Armani code analysis

From this I learnt that it is important to have something that is memorable in my adverts and to set up my brand identity as quickly as possible so that I can continue to enforce it throughtout the advert. I also want to use catchy music that gets stuck in peoples heads as it makes my advert memorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment