My music video:

My Website

My Website
Click here to access my website

Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Blog Post 3: The ASA BCAP Code

This research was to understand the guidelines of the ASA and BCAP codes so that my advert would be allowed to be broadcasted on live TV. I looked at the codes websites and adverts that had almost broken the ASA code.

BCAP code- advertising code with 32 sections that applies to all advertisements and programmes sponsorships credits on radio and television services licensed by Ofcom.


 Most relevant points:
  • must be easily recognised as an advert
  • must not have serious offence or harm
  • must have societal responsibility to promote safe use of transport
  • must not feature, imply or encourage irresponsible or immoderate drinking
  • must not condone or encourage poor nutritional diet or unhealthy lifestyle
  • must not have misleading marketing, but are allowed obvious exaggerations
  •  must not refer or feature people without their permission, unless in brief, incidental appearances
  •  must not condone or encourage easily reproducible dangerous behaviour
  • must not have epileptic material or excessively noisy adverts 
Main food advertisement rules
An advert that was pulled because it received so many complaints was the McDonald's dead Dad advert. It was criticized for exploiting child bereavement as a marketing scheme. It was the 5th most reported advert in 2017 as it caused distress in the narrative.

From this research I have learnt is if I am going to use transport to use seat belts and helmets (delivermen). I can't exaggerate possible health benefits of the food or the speed of the arrival. I also can't condone healthy eating and so can't show people eating loads of pizza over several meals and should be tasteful when trying to create an emotive appeal.

Sources: -Ofcom website
               -Youtube

No comments:

Post a Comment