My music video:

My Website

My Website
Click here to access my website

Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Blog post 4: The pop music industry

I researched pop music in order to find out more about the type of music I would create as a pop artist and was is typical for a pop artist so that I was correctly fulfilling the brief.








This research helped me  realise the importance of conventions in pop music, why it has stayed relevant over the years and what makes it so distinctive. This will help me in my planning as I now know what to look for in a conventional pop song and what codes and conventions I should be thinking about when planning my music video as well as picking my song.

I plan on picking a very conventional pop song because they are generally catchy and fun. I plan on using intertextual references in my music video, which adheres to conventions, in order to tap into the familiarity that people have with the references and the gratification they receive when they experience it. Goodwin theory states that intertextuality is used in the music videos to give audiences a sense of familiarity and helps signify the genre of the pop music video. I want my artist to be fun and make people happy so that people buy into my artist, I will use the gratifications from upbeat music that makes people want to dance and intertextuality to do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment