My music video:

My Website

My Website
Click here to access my website

Thursday, October 31, 2019

Blog post 10: My Production Review

I was given feedback on my initial idea for my narrative, my music video and website so that I could improve my work and get a second opinion.

Initial Narrative Idea Feedback:
Review : Ms Blackborow (Media Teacher)

WWW:

  • like the intertextuality idea
  • narrative is clear and can be easily shown through imagery
  • fun and creative
EBI:
  • need more outside/ alternative settings 
  • don't over-complicate things

Using this feedback I changed the movies I was going to be intertextural with in order to incorporate more outside settings in order to properly meet the brief.it is also after this feedback that I decided I wanted to break the fourth wall and give my video more of a homemade look, as not to over complicate things such as my mise en scene which I would never be able to get perfect and so rather than go for the perfectionist route and fail I went with a more homemade approach that in turn added layers to my artist, his performance and meant I could add more of the artist character and ethos into the references. It also makes my artist seem more fun, chilled. The addition of the visible 'stage crew' into the music video also added humour as well as making my music video topical (mental health).

Edited Performance Bed Feedback:



Review 1: Ms Blackborow (Media Teacher)

WWW:
  • disjuncture in editing is nice- cuts to the beat and then doesn't and soaudience can't predict whats going to happen
  • good energy throughout, which is built on
  • lip sync matches up
EBI:
  • moving shots are much darker than the set ups
  • is there a better way to reduce the audio down to 3 minuets
  • edit is a bit choppy at first
There wasn't much I could do in terms of the darker shots and so have to cover them with narrative later on. I did find a better place to cut the audio which meant that there wasn't a distracting cut in the audio. I also slowed down some shots to make the editing less choppy in places.

Review 2: Simon Silver (Friend- 17 year old)

WWW:
  • really fun energy
  • outfit looked cool and added to the performance
  • didn't get bored
EBI:
  • certain shots are much darker than others   
Review 2: Miceala Perrot- Barnaby (Sister- 22 year old)

WWW:
  • artist came off as happy, fun guy
  • energy kept going throughout
  • editing was well timed and meant my eyes were never bored
EBI:
  •  not sure if I like the fast choppy cut used at 0:28

This feedback is from individuals on both ends of my target audience( 16-25 year old and male and female opinion). It is important to listen to what they both think. So I removed the choppy cut at 0:28 and covered the darker shots with narrative. 

1st Music Video Feedback
Review : Ms Blackborow (Media Teacher)

WWW:
  • the narrative is fun, clear and made me laugh
  • the intertextual references are recognisable 
  • edit is good
  • nice framing and shots
  • dynamic locations
  • the inter cutting sequence is smooth
EBI:
  • remove certain shots that could be seen as unprofessional for someone signed to Sony 
  • remove unnecessary shots
  • grading needs some work
  • work needs titles at start and a link to the website at the end
  • make sure all three main narrative chunks are given equal time in the video                    

2nd Music Video Feedback (post colour grading):
Review : Ms Blackborow (Media Teacher)

WWW:
  • fixed pints from last review
EBI:
  • make sure colour grade is consistent throughout
  • work needs titles at start introducing artist and song name
  • link to the website at the end         


Website and Social Media Website:
Feedback from Media technician Emma and Media Teacher Ms. Dymioti:



No comments:

Post a Comment