My music video:

My Website

My Website
Click here to access my website

Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Reflections on Practical: TV Drama Still

We made a storyboard to plan for our 4 shots and also took test shots on our phone beforehand. We used the storyboard to organise the props and actors, as well as the roles when taking the shot.

In my shot, there is dark lighting to signify a tense, dramatic atmosphere. This indicates the detective crime drama, that we tried to achieve. It is a LS to show a standoff between the cops and robbers to represent the common theme shown in crime dramas. We chose to shoot it through the bars to add a visual indicator to give it a sense of location and anchor the genre. The robber is dressed in camo clothes to signify the hidden motives of the criminal world.

I intend the audience to interpret my still as an intense standoff in a public space with a detective who is shadowed by a dark past, signified by the lighting. We also wanted to create enigma through the lighting, making the audience question what the motives of the characters are. We expect either shots to occur or a stalemate.

I think my shot is successful because it creates a dark tone, which is often shown in typical detective crime dramas and introduces the characters. If I redid my shot, I would put the robber in a more dynamic pose to make them seem more intense and make it seem like their life is on the line.
Our group storyboard used for planning and
shooting our stills
. 


No comments:

Post a Comment